Stop Selling & Start Talking

3 Marketing Tactics to Gain Credibility With Millennials

Are you continually looking for ways to gain credibility with the millennial generation? If so, stop lumping all millennials into one enormous homogenous generation. Instead, target the specific and distinct groups that make up the millennial generation. If you do this, you will have a higher rate of engagement and millennials just may like you!

There are three tactics that marketers need to use when attempting to reach millennials.

1. Implement the 80/20 Rule in Social Media Marketing

The 80/20 Rule will help you gain online credibility with millennial consumers. In short, 80% of your social media posts need to be about your target customer. The other 20% should be about your company. 80% of your social media posts need to:

  • Come from reputable sources.
  • Be well written. No grammar or spelling mistakes and avoid fillers.

The other 20% can be promotional. They need to include a call-to-action like:

  • Click to get this great offer.
  • Read this article to learn something new.
  • Sign up to get a free consultation.
  • Grab this code to apply a 20% discount at checkout.

2. Understand The Importance of the 14/78 Rule

The 14/78 Rule is connected to understanding and gaining credibility with millennials. Successful marketers know that only 14% believe in mainstream media/publishers, and 78% of millennials trust the influence friends and family.

3. Influencer Marketing Is Critical

Influencer marketing focuses on influential people rather than the target market as a whole. Brands looking to target millennials should concentrate on micro influencers, not celebrities. Real-world influencers are talking to a niche audience, but command an equal and sometimes higher engagement rate with their audience. Micro influencers are consumers who have a significant social media following of anywhere between 1,000 and 100,000.

Go ahead and implement these tactics! Understand the numbers and execute your marketing plan accordingly. Your ability to reach and gain credibility with millennials will speak for itself.

If you found this article helpful, please SHARE it with others who are looking for strategies to gain trust with the millennial generation!

Sign up to receive free marketing tips.

Arnt Eriksen. Simplifying the complexity
of marketing and communication.


Take me back


How can I help?

You have not specified how I can help you. Please choose one of the options above by clicking on the one you find most relevant.


Take me back


Date of event

To continue, I must know on which date my services are wanted.


Take me back


Number of attendees

The number of attendees have to be written in numbers.


Take me back


What's your
e-mail?

The e-mail adress you have provided, is not valid. Please try again.


Take me back


One more thing

Before you press Send request below, I would like to thank you for your interest and request.

I will get back to you as soon as possible so that we can plan and go through the final details to secure the optimal content and value creation. Looking forward to collaborating with you. Until then, be safe - stay awesome.

63

International
events attended

181

Blog posts
written

36

SPEAKING
ENGAGEMENTS

93

Workshops
organized